Thursday, October 2, 2008

Curd Mask for Lustrous Locks

Curd or Yogurt application on hair has been used from a long time. Curd for hair is extremely moisturizing and nourishing. Curd is great to give hair a nice sheen. Curd makes hair lustrous. This mask also helps to prevent premature greying of the hair. Curry leaves are the main ingredient which helps to prevent premature greying of the hair in this recipe.

Curd mask recipe for hair

3 tbsp of Curd (take more if your hair is longer)

2 tsp of Fenugreek (methi)Powder

2 tsp of Indian Gooseberry (Amla) Powder.

15-20 Curry leaves paste 

Mix all the dry ingredients first, then add the curd and curry leaves and mix it thoroughly to avoid lumps. Apply this mask to the hair for 20 minutes.

Wash your hair with Shikakai powder (easily available in Indian Stores). Shikakai powder is usually mixed with rice starch (Boil the rice in plenty of water and drain the water) This drained rice starch is then mixed with shikakai and used as shampoo. If you don’t have this drained rice starch then you can use water.

Enjoy healthy Lustrous Hair.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the recepie. Seems to be really helpful. I shall try it this time I wash my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried this & it really works. Only the thing is I don't add curry leaves; now I will try it. good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Nice informative post, I am really impresssed with your blog post..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Post. Thanks a lot for sharing the information

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts