Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Cabbage-Rich source of Vitamins and Minerals.

Cabbage can be had raw or cooked according to your preference.Cabbage is an excellent source of Vitamin C. It also contains significant amounts of glutamine, an amino acid, which has anti-inflammatory properties.

Peptic Ulcer : Cabbage helps to fight stomach ulcer specially peptic ulcer. A peptic ulcer, also known as PUD or peptic ulcer disease, is an ulcer of an area of the gastrointestinal tract that is usually acidic and thus extremely painful.

Radiant Skin : Cabbage is rich source of Vitamins and Minerals which is beneficial for our skin. While taking facial steam you can add leaves of cabbage in it and then take the steam it cleans the skin.

Anemia : Cabbage helps to fight anemia. 

Anti cancer : Cabbage fights cancer and other free radicals.

Strengthens Nerves : Cabbage strengthens week nervous of the body. 

Eyes : Cabbage helps with the eye vision and makes our eyes bright.

Cabbage, raw Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)

Energy 20 kcal 100 kJ
Carbohydrates 5.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Dietary fiber 2.5 g  
Fat 0.1 g
Protein 1.28 g
Thiamin (Vit. B1) 0.061 mg 5%
Riboflavin (Vit. B2) 0.040 mg 3%
Niacin (Vit. B3) 0.234 mg 2%
Pantothenic acid (B5) 0.212 mg 4%
Vitamin B6 0.124 mg 10%
Folate (Vit. B9) 53 μg 13%
Vitamin C 36.6 mg 61%
Calcium 40 mg 4%
Iron 0.47 mg 4%
Magnesium 12 mg 3% 
Phosphorus 26 mg 4%
Potassium 170 mg 4%
Zinc 0.18 mg 2%
Percentages are relative to US recommendations for adults.
Source: USDA Nutrient database

8 comments:

  1. Cabbage is now one of my favourite vegetables, but only cabbages that are grown in Bulgaria. Everywhere else I hate them, they taste wooden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am certainly thankful to you for providing us with this invaluable info. My spouse and I are truthfully grateful, precisely the computer data we needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like to eat cabbage..............

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello .. I have never seen a smart articles that you created. It really helped me to get back my ideas for writing. I will save this post, for I learn more

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello .. I have never seen a smart articles that you created. It really helped me to get back my ideas for writing. I will save this post, for I learn more

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have used cabbage juice ice cubes with milk cream for my facial and result was awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used cabbage juice ice cubes with milk cream for my facial and result was awesome

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts