Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Zap The Zit.

Acne has always been a problem amongst teenagers and some adults. It is not always necessary to spend money on acne products for clearing up pimples. I have compiled a list of the top acne treatments using ingredients found in most households.
A natural homemade remedy is the right way for your skin because they are not just simple to make but are cost-effective as well. Some people find it hard to adapt because of the mind set created by commercial instant products but surely they should be adopted because they come with no side-effects. What you put on your skin is just as important as what you eat. The main concern for commercial products is that more often then not they contain chemicals that are absorbed by your skin finding their way into the bloodstream which can be harmful to your overall health.

Toothpaste - Probably the most common of acne home remedies, toothpaste is know to reduce the swelling of acne over night. Simply apply a small amount of toothpaste (paste, not gel) to your pimples.
Warm Salt Water - Stir together some salt and warm water until it become diluted. Wash your face with the warm salt water two times a day (once in the morning and once at night). This is known for removing any excess oil from the skin.
Ice - Reach into the freeze and grab an ice cube. Then, wrap it in a thin towel or place it into a Ziploc bag. Apply the ice cube to your acne - this is known for reducing swelling and shrinking pores.
Rose Water - There are a couple of remedies that consist of rose water. The most basic is dabbing a piece of cotton into some rose water and applying it to your acne 2 or 3 times a day.
Lime Juice & Rose Water - Stir together some rose water and lime juice. Apply this mixture to the face, leave it on for 15 minutes, and then rinse it off with warm water.
Lemon Juice & Rose Water - Same as above except use lemon juice and leave the mixture on the face for 30 minutes. This will help clear acne and minimizes scars.
Homemade Facial Mask - You can choose to use almond powder or oatmeal for this remedy. Mix the ingredient with some rose water until it forms a paste that can be easily spread over the skin. Let the mask lay on your face for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with cool water. This remedy is known for clearing up blackheads. This is most popular facial mask among all acne home remedies.
Cucumber Facial Mask - Blend cucumber into a paste that can be easily spread over the face. Leave this mask on for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
Aloe Vera - Apply as a lotion or juice two times a day. This is known for rapidly speeding up the healing process of acne lesions and scars.
Vinegar - This is known for balancing the acids in your skin, killing bacteria, and getting rid of excess oil. Dab some diluted vinegar onto the skin, leave it on for 15 minutes, and then rinse it off. For a better effect dilute some salt into the mixture.
Potatoes - Apply some grated potatoes to your acne for a half hour. This is known for clearing blackheads, whiteheads, wrinkles, and blemishes.
Sandalwood Paste & Rosewater - Mix some sandalwood paste and rosewater together. Apply the paste to the face and then rinse it off after 30 minutes
Milk and Nutmeg - Blend a mixture of milk and nutmeg together and apply the solution to the face. This solution is known for helping prevent acne.
Mint - Crush mint leaves to extract the juices. Apply the juice to your face every night. This acne home remedy helps greatly with treating acne, eczema, and bug bites.
Egg Whites - Crack a couple of eggs and throw way the egg yolk. Put all of the egg whites into one bowl and beat them until they can be easily applied to the face. After 15 minutes rinse them off of your face. Egg whites are known for removing excess oil and promoting skin regeneration. Don’t leave the mask on for more than 10 to 15 minutes.
Tomato Pulp – Apply tomato pulp on the acne and leave it for 30 minutes.
Hope you found it useful.

20 comments:

  1. Oh yes! I found this post very useful. I once tried the cucumber facial mask, but not to zap the zits, but for anti aging purposes.

    I'm lucky I rarely have pimples and I look younger than my actual age. But I like trying ways to keep my youthful look longer than time allows it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. There is this thing (a zit) on my face that I've been trying to get rid of. My friends gave me Clearasil and Clean & Care, but I'm not sure if it works, yet. I'll try a couple of the remedies you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING I JUST READ THE LIST ABOUT TO PUT PASTE ON MY FACE

    :]

    I HOPE I GET RID ON THIS ONE PIMPLE

    ReplyDelete
  4. thx luv the natural remedies! :) toothpaste doesnt work for me though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im trying the ice cube! It hopefully works!";

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toothpaste works! I've been trying it before I came across this post, but I'm here to say IT WORKS!! Also, thanks so much for the natural remedies;I needed help on the scars. :( its only 2or3 little areas on the left side of my cheek but I know i'd look much better w/o the scarring.
    Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohmygod! thank you sooo muhhh!
    i am only 13! and i have acne(not too much)
    but between me and my 2 best friends;
    im the only that has it! and nowww
    i dont! the best thing for me was
    the potatoes! omg; thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have many pimple scars and by using tomato pulp, my skin seemed more smooth and fresh along with fading the scars, Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lemons do work! once a day i use it every night...and bye 2-3 weeks its gone! just google this and clik the yahoo ones or something but it works
    just cut the lemons into quarters and spread it on ur face. leave for 5 minz then rinse off...works!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never have a real problem with acne, but when I do, I have horrible acne scars. can you also help with that?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't tried any of these yet,but i definitly will. Toothpaste doesn't work very well for my skin though. Im going to try the mint one though because mint helps clear out black heads!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this post is useful!!! im gonna try this!!! thank u very much!!!!!!!! ^_^ >_<

    ReplyDelete
  13. This worked so well!
    I tried the toothpaste,
    it kinda stinged, but i think its cause i have sensitive skin.
    & most of my acne is gone within a week!
    thanks(:

    ReplyDelete
  14. I Really Hope this works!! I swear Cover up never works with me! Never. I have alot of.. How you say, Peach fuzz? Soo either my foundation is too dark.. to cakeyy or just doesnt Conceal well! and im tierd of having to re apply it at work! And not wanting to look at my self. i dont have much acne BUT i have alottt of black heads by my nose. Thanks for the tips:) I hope they help !

    ReplyDelete
  15. i hav loads of pimples on my face...! i really hope this all works as i am going to try all of the remedies..! nd thanks so much..!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this post really helped me resently i had this acne problem i used toothpaste and Egg Whites ( bad smell but good result) and also Potatoes ( next day of using potatoes my skin was great )and Vinegar they r all great tnx

    ReplyDelete
  17. The potatos worked for me really well! I cut a few slices, and rubbed gently on my face, the next morning my skin was soft, no dead skin, and my huge red pimple was small and not as red anymore. Plus i had a decent sized red acne scar right between my eyebrows, SOOO embarassing, but the potatoe made it lighter so i could put concealer on it, nobody knew it was there! Also the cucumber mask made my skin velvety and it literally looked supermodel perfect! After i got rid of all that acne and scars, i have a boyfriend who can see my face, not my acne! Sooo helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am tryig the toothpaste at this very moment! I hope it works...
    I will also be trying the ice cubes.
    I am only 13, with an occasional few pimples and blackheads... I will post what works best for me!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Omg I'm only 13 and I'm breaking out bad and I feel like my girl friend is gonna think I'm ugly and break up with me but thanks for the tips I'm gonna try the lemon lol thnxs again

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am trying the lemon remedie hoow it woeks thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts